Things to Do on Your Florida Cabin Vacation
Looking to rent a Florida vacation cabin for your next holiday? It can be both a peaceful and adventurous trip! Here are just some of the things you can do in our secluded vacation cabin next to the Santa Fe River.
- Go Snorkeling, Swimming and Sunning at Rum Island – Our cozy cabin retreat is right next door to Rum Island Park and Spring. You have your own private path to the park! Pick up an inexpensive mask and snorkel before you come (usually runs about $20), so you can see all the way to the bottom of the crystal clear water. Discover fish, turtles and other wildlife.
- Canoe or Kayak on the River – We have several kayaks for rent nearby, or take the canoe for a paddle. A well-kept woodland path takes you right down to the boat ramp where you can launch. Everything you need is furnished.
- Visit the Crystal Clear Springs! – While you are out canoeing or kayaking, check out all the beautiful springs along the Santa Fe, including Ginnie Springs, Blue Spring, Poe Springs, and Lily Springs.
- Watch the Birds – With so many feeders, woodland friends love to come up for a snack. At least a dozen species of song birds have been reported. Bring your binoculars and get an even closer look right from the comfort of your back patio.
- Have a BBQ – Use our gas grill and have some ribs and burgers. It always tastes better after a day on the river kayaking, swimming and having fun.
- Take a Nap in the Hammock – Lie out under the trees and get some well-deserved shut-eye. Let a breezy day take you away from all your cares.
- Sit Around the Fire Pit at Night – There’s plenty of limbs around to make a great fire. Bring a bag of marshmallows and some wire hangers to use as makeshift skewers, and you have a great evening under the stars.
- Meditate in Our Gazebo – Meld with nature at the edge of the woods. Great place for the kids to play and pretend, too.
- Soak Under the Stars in Our Outdoor Tub – Plenty of hot and cold running water for a private outdoor bathing experience in nature. We also have a convenient outdoor shower, so you can rinse off after a day at the river.
- Use Our Free Wireless Internet When You Bring Your Laptop – Winding down at night and want to check your email? No problem! You’re connected.
- Satellite TV – Watch a movie with the family or catch the ball game.
- Play Board Games – We have a nice little selection of family favorites you can play when you have some relaxation time.
- Read a Book – It’s nice and quiet out in the woods, so grab a good book to read and curl up in a cozy nook. We have a small selection of popular paperbacks for you to borrow. Feel free to bring some and trade, too.
- Dine at Local Restaurants – The Great Outdoors Cafe is a local favorite. Meet “Naked Ed” and have him sign the beer named after him. Located about 15 minutes away in nearby High Springs.